Monday, April 22, 2013

Book Project Update


I am so grateful to everyone who read my last blog post and decided to generously donate to my book project.  I am happy to report that I received the first book on Saturday, and I am excited to add it to my growing library so the students can enjoy it!

This blog post is just a reminder to anyone who may have read my previous post and though, “Oh yeah, that project sounds like a good idea. I’ll order a book for those beautiful kids in Ambo, Ethiopia.”  So if you thought about it, but got sidetracked by life and didn’t quite get around to choosing a book (or books) to send, now is your chance!  I’ve updated the list of requested books to reflect the books that have already been ordered, but again, I am really happy and interested to hear of any books that you may choose on your own.

Please refer to my previous blog post for instructions on contributing to this book project.  Don’t forget to email me with the books you wish to send.  Thanks again to everyone who is helping me help my community!  Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

TITLE
AUTHOR
The Cat in the Hat
Dr. Seuss
The Lorax
Dr. Seuss
The Giving Tree
Shel Silverstein
The Runaway Bunny
Margaret Wise Brown
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Judy & Ron Barrett
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day
Judith Viorst
Pat the Bunny
Dorothy Kunhardt
Harold and the Purple Crayon
Crockett Johnson
Press Here
Herve Tullet
Are You My Mother?
P.D. Eastman
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
Bill Martin Jr. & John Archambault
Fancy Nancy
Jane O’Connor
Corduroy
Don Freeman
The Little Engine That Could
Watty Piper
The Tale of Peter Rabbit
Beatrix Potter
The Story of Ferdinand
Munro Leaf
The Story of Barbar
Jean De Brunhoff
Stone Soup
Marcia Brown
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Roald Dahl
Llama Llama Red Pajama
Anna Dewdney
Madeline
Ludwig Bemelmans
We’re Going on a Bear Hunt
Michael Rosen
Russell the Sheep
Rob Scotton
Ben’s Dream
Chris Van Allsburg
The Velveteen Rabbit
Margery Williams
All by Myself
Mercer Mayer
Clifford’s Manners
Norman Bridwell
Magic Tree House (any books from series)
Mary Pope Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment